Sunday 15 February 2009

Yet More Winter Landscapes

My pictures are in the wrong order. I do have great difficulty getting them where I would like them to go. Any tips would be appreciated.

This is my photograph of an icy puddle which may work as an abstract reference.



Last Friday was our last day of painting warm and cool winter landscapes and here are this week's versions. It will be quite a relief (I think) to start thinking about abstract work which we will start in two weeks' time. The first couple of weeks we will work, either with an old painting or photo, and possibly have a structure of some kind as a focal point. Then, more excitingly, we will pour the paint on and see what we can make of it.




Well we are thinking about moving so will spend the next week having a bit of a spring clean before the estate agent comes to give us an valuation. It is a bit of a daunting task as we have accumulated so much rubbish in the 11 years that we have lived here. We will be having lots of trips to the charity shops and, of course, the tip. It is a bad time to sell, so it may not happen but at least we will have had a clear out. I will have to hide all my painting stuff in the garage. Thank goodness for the garage. Maybe we can hide the dogs in there too. Ha!





3 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

Hi Carol,
Not sure if you know that once you've added a photo on your blog, you can click on it and move it up or down. Enjoyed seeing your work and looking forward to future blogs.

Love the idea of the mud puddle abstract too! Very creative.

carol said...

Sandy, I am so pleased to have your comments. Have been watching your blog, of course and love to see what your are working on. You seem to be a very busy lady; it is lovely that you have taken the time to give me some tips. I am struggling with the blog but hope to get my own laptop soon so that I can play with the layout a bit.

Anonymous said...


dark purple lace front wigs mens hair relaxing before and after real lace wigs indian temple virgin hair how to dye hair with food coloring permanent human lace front wigs xpression hair ombre best lace front wigs on amazon lace front wigs short natural hairstyles for older black woman bombay hair extensions reviews hair extensions uk