Wednesday 4 February 2009

My Carol Carter Book Has Arrived!

Have just received Carol Carter's lovely book from Blurb. She is the master of watercolour with the emphasis on colour! With blurb in mind and a reminder from Joan, thought I would write some blurb of my own. We have been snowed in for a couple of days so there is time to look at the art books, tidy my painting room and actually do a little bit of painting in between towelling down damp dogs. Over the Christmas period I worked some more on my papaya but it gradually got worse (too much green) so I am thinking of gessoing over it, or using oil paint or throwing it away. Have also tried another watercolour of Kew Palm House which is still not really working. I don't know quite what else to do with it so I just look at it every day.



More recently we have been working on winter landscapes in my Friday workshops using warm and cool pallettes - a good exercise for me in using colours I am that I don't usually work with. Think I need to grey things down a bit though.






I will try to be more regular with my postings, even if it is only once a week. Looking forward to hearing any comments.




1 comment:

gianlucio said...

Hello Carol, beautiful paintings, congratulations! I believe that follow your blog.
Ciao!!!